Tuesday, June 7, 2011

beauty

Is in the eye of the beholder. For example, my calc project. I'm done with the aesthetically pretty part, i.e. making the poster for my project. I, however, am not done with the mathematically pretty part, i.e. typing up all my equations for continuity and differentiability. As I am not allowed to say that math is not beautiful, I will say that, looking at it, the actual poster will be what gets more people to stop and look at the display case, though the equations and all that fun stuff are kinda impressive too, just not to the average high schooler.

Also, as a warning to anyone who might ever want to use modeling clay, it stains your hands. It took me quite a bit of scrubbing to get my hands to an acceptable shade of green. I'd hate to find out what would've happened if I used blue...

2 comments:

Laura said...

Why can't you say math is beautiful? Of course it is!

mandachan said...

the results definitely can be. the jumbly numbers and equations, not so much.